How to Find Opportunities, Create A Positive Experience, and MoreBook - 2013
Volunteering. So you want to get out there and do something? Help someone in need, make a difference, change the world? There are numerous volunteering opportunities out there. Did you know that volunteering can help you land a job or get into a better college? Or that kids your age—or even younger—have started their own successful service projects and made a huge difference in their communities?
Figuring out just how to get involved can be tough. But this book offers lots of great tips on where to volunteer and how to get the most out of the experience. You’ll discover:
• where to find volunteer opportunities perfectly suited for teens.
• how to boost your resume and your college applications through volunteer work.
• how to start your own service project.
• what it takes to become an activist.
• how to contact your legislators to tell them what's important to you.
Supplemented with articles and information from USA TODAY, the Nation's No. 1 Newspaper, Volunteering Smarts delivers solid advice and firsthand stories of real teens facing many of the same types of situations you are. Ready to wise up on volunteering? Read on!
Examines the benefits of volunteering, how to find the right volunteer opportunity, and how to start a service project.