Persuasion & Influence for DummiesBook - 2012
Many people want to gain trust or support in business and throughout life, but the true skill is doing so in a charming fashion! Whether you're convincing the boss about your much-deserved promotion or a busy restaurateur to offer a better table, the power of persuasion can help improve and increase your successes.
Elizabeth Kuhnke, author of the bestselling Body Language For Dummies, guides the reader through easy-to-implement techniques that can turn a timid person into someone bursting with self confidence and the ability to influence.
Topics covered will include:
- The key elements in becoming more persuasive - body language, listening skills, using persuasive words and actions
- Finding a common ground and establishing a connection with your audience
- Capturing their attention and keeping them interested
- Putting yourself across convincingly
- Getting things done through others
- Identifying the type of person you're dealing with - and responding in an appropriate manner
Baker & Taylor
Provides advice on being more persuasive and influential to others and presents ways in which this can be used to achieve success in work and life.