Start your Own Home Inspection Service
Your Step-by-step Guide to SuccessBook - 2007 | Second edition
Handy Around the House? Turn That Talent Into a Lucrative Business!
Home inspections have become standard for a large percentage of the seven million homes bought each year. This presents a huge market for professional inspectors. As a home inspector, you can earn $500 - $800 a day examining the interior and exterior of a home and giving potential home-buyers your professional, informed opinion.
Learn everything you need to know to get started in this booming field. Industry experts reveal their tips and advice on:
- Current typical startup costs for low-end and high-end businesses
- Inspection equipment you'll need
- Whether to operate from home or an office
- How to keep records, manage your finances and stay ahead of your tax liability
- How to advertise and promote your business to find clients
- Market sectors you can't afford to overlook
If you have construction experience or are simply handy around the house, a home inspection service is the business for you.