Baker & Taylor
A guide to teaching writing skills to elementary students covers such topics as planning, composition, and grammar.Book News
Manser is a reference book writer and editor based in England, and the author of five Facts on File books. Designed for both students and professionals, his reference text addresses both the four stages of the writing process--thinking and researching, planning, writing, and revising--and writing fundamentals--grammar, vocabulary, and punctuation. The text also includes information about additional reference tools to help with problems of grammar and vocabulary, and a glossary of grammatical terms. Annotation ©2006 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)Facts on File
Mastering the art of writing is one of the most important, yet most challenging tasks for many people. Without proper writing skills, completing the easiest assignment can quickly become an insurmountable problem. From English to business to economics, writing is an essential skill for nearly every subject and career.
Offering clear, straightforward guidance, The Facts On File Guide to Good Writing
outlines the basics of writing for anyone looking to improve writing skills or knowledge of the English language. Coverage includes:
- Preparing to write: thinking, researching, and planning
- Writing your document: finding a voice and composing paragraphs
- Revising your document: editing, proofreading, and checking for consistency
- Grammar: parts of speech, phrases, and sentences
- Words in use: vocabulary, spelling, sensitive terms, and slang
- Words often confused: misspelled or misused words
- Punctuation: capital letters, commas, periods, and more
- Reference resources: dictionaries, thesauruses, and other sources.
From grammar and its correct usage to the process of drafting and editing a variety of written communications, this guide is an essential tool for anyone who uses the English language.