Random House, Inc.
Packed with breathtaking visuals created by a team of world-class artists, The Art of Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith reveals an essential element of the climactic finale of the Star Wars film saga. For years, George Lucas’s handpicked group has labored feverishly to bring Episode III’s unforgettable creatures, exotic worlds, and mind-bending action to life. Together, they created character drawings, costume designs, droids and starships, planetary vistas, animation sketches, matte paintings, and animatics–every type of illustration imaginable.
This extraordinary volume unveils the best of their efforts: never-before-seen images–storyboards, models, production sketches, and ILM-generated art–that chronicle the fascinating journey from first draft to theater screen. Among the hundreds of brilliant pieces are images and anecdotes covering
• Darth Vader then and now–the new look of the ultimate Star Wars icon
• stunning conceptual looks at the climactic lightsaber duel between Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi
• the evolution of General Grievous–the new face of evil–from initial sketches to ILM animation art
• fantastic full-color images of costumes, weapons, landscapes, and spacecraft
• intriguing insights from exclusive interviews with the artists, whose groundbreaking work brought Lucas’s ideas to life
• excerpts from Episode III’s inspirational Visual Script, created to help guide production through the film’s cutting-edge digital creations
For Star Wars fans everywhere, this treasure chest of images from the final, fateful Star Wars movie is a visual feast that promises hours of endless browsing pleasure.
Baker & Taylor
A lavishly designed companion to the forthcoming third episode in the Star Wars odyssey provides previously unseen movie artwork, including character sketches, costume and set designs, models, digital images, paintings, and animation storyboards, and includes an officially illustrated screenplay by George Lucas. Movie tie-in. 60,000 first printing.
Chronicles the creation of the visuals for the film "Star wars: Episode III, Revenge of the Sith" from drafts to the screen, presenting storyboards, production sketches, models, ILM-created artwork, and costume photos.
Provides character sketches, costume and set designs, models, digital images, paintings, and animation storyboards from the third episode in the Star Wars odyssey.