Housetraining for DummiesBook - 2002
You finally gave into that adorable puppy or friendly adult dog and now Fido’s a member of the family. You just can’t get enough of those big soulful eyes or his cute little antics…until you step in his not so adorable doggy mess on your new beige carpet. That’s when you know – it’s really time to start housetraining.
So you’ve made the decision to start housetraining Fido but you have no idea how to go about it. Do you yell, do you praise, do you give him the evil eye? Housetraining for Dummies takes all the guesswork out of housetraining your dog and demystifies the entire process. Award-winning author, Susan McCullough, who specializes in dog training and care gives you all the answers to potty training your dog – whether it’s a puppy or an adult – in plain English so you can train Fido faster and save your carpet from those tell-tale stains. You’ll get practical advice about:
- Your dog’s instincts and learning style
- The right approach for housetraining your dog
- Housetraining gear, including crate, collar and leash, and cleanup equipment
- Indoor training
- Outdoor training
- What and how to feed your dog
McCullough shares all of her insider advice as well as her own horror and success stories to make housetraining as easy as possible for you and your pooch. Housetraining for Dummies includes helpful tips, reminders, warnings, and information on:
- Puppy versus adult housetraining
- Recognizing your dog’s potty style
- Training your dog to pee on command
- Avoidable housetraining mistakes
- Problem potty-ers and how to help them
You don’t have to keep sending Fido to the doghouse because of those puddles or piles. Housetraining for Dummies makes it easy for you to housetrain him so you can both enjoy the great indoors again.