How Winners Sell
21 Proven Strategies to Outsell your Competition and Win the Big SaleBook - 2004 | Second edition
Stein, founder of a consultancy that helps companies improve their sales effectiveness, reveals techniques for developing skills needed to thrive in today's competitive sales environment. In this second edition, he presents content on selling to boards of directors, mitigating perceived customer risk, building personal brands, handling requests for proposals, and leading a virtual sales team. Quotations and humorous b&w cartoons augment the book's accessible writing style. Annotation ©2004 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
Simon and Schuster
Harness the power of information to outsell the competition.
It has become a buyers' world. Salespeople are faced with a proliferation of competitors, commoditization of their products and services, reduced customer budgets, and more complex and longer customer buying cycles. In addition, the endless flow of information available to their prospects over the Internet make them far less dependent on the salesperson for solutions, even further limiting access to decision makers.
How do salespeople transform themselves into savvy professionals who can be counted on to continue to win business even under these tough, seemingly insurmountable conditions? Author and sales consultant Dave Stein has helped thousands of CEOs, VPs, sales managers, marketing directors, and sales teams navigate the most complex opportunities with precision and speed, even during challenging economic times.
In How Winners Sell, Stein shows readers how to plan strategically for scenarios when details are most important-so they never come up short in the eyes of a client. Readers will also discover how to:
* Develop new skills needed to thrive in today's hyper- competitive marketplace.
* Decide which sales opportunities are really worth pursuing.
* Identify what's important to top executives to gain and maintain access to them.
* Recruit and influence people within their accounts to sell on their behalf.
* Learn crucial information about the competition that will help win the big sale.
* Use information to increase the size of the opportunity, get prospects to close sooner, and spend fewer resources winning the big sale.
How Winners Sell gives salespeople what they need to position themselves with executive-level credibility, offer greater and more meaningful service to their clients, and know their competitor's next move-so they can move first!